A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Thank you for participating in this study! You will be completing a financial simulation where you will be asked to pick from 4 stocks to invest in. Alternatively, you can also invest a percentage of your money in the built-in artificial intelligence (AI) that will re-invest that money in those same 4 stocks for you. You will have 31 turns to make as much money as possible.
You will be compensated $5.00 for participating in this study. You will also have the chance to make up to an additional $5.00! We will be providing you with $2.50 at the beginning of the simulation. Your extra compensation for completing the study will match your final day's value (up to a total of $5.00 extra).
Instructions to Continue (Windows):
- Download the zip folder to your computer by pressing the Download button on this page for Finance Simulation.zip.
- Unzip the folder (right click on it and select Extract All) and open the unzipped folder (remember this location because you will need to come back here later).
- Open the file named “Finance Simulation”
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Instructions to Continue (Mac):
- Download the zip folder to your computer by pressing the Download button on this page for Finance Simulation.app.zip.
- Unzip the folder using a 3rd party extraction tool, we recommend The Unarchiver (https://theunarchiver.com/). Locate the zip folder in your Downloads and Right Click > Open With > The Unarchiver.
- It will extract the zip folder and you will now have a file called Finance Simulation.app in your Downloads folder, Double click Finance Simulation.app.
- You will get a message saying “Finance Simulation.app cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.” Click Cancel.
- Navigate to your Mac’s System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General.
- Here you will see a message saying “Finance Simulation.app was blocked from use because it is not from an identified developer.” Click Open Anyway
- You will get a message saying 'macOS cannot verify the developer of “Finance Simulation.app”. Are you sure you want to open it?'. Click Open
- Follow the remaining instructions on the screen.